Sep 13, 2014

Downtown Los Angeles: Historic and Arts District


It seems like I can't get away from Downtown LA lately. My sister came home for the weekend and my cousin, Camille, came over. We didn't know what to do and it was hot outside so we wanted to go somewhere air conditioned. I suggested The Last Bookstore, since neither of them had ever been to it. Decided to take this opportunity to bring around my camera and play around with some new post-processing tricks. 



The famous book arch found on the second floor!









The second floor also has an art gallery, a few shops and a room full of $1 books!











I've been to The Last Bookstore before, but I never checked out the records section! It has a wide selection, and a row full of records for 99 cents! 






We walked over to the Bradbury building to find that it was closed, but headed to the Grand Central Market instead. And I almost got run over taking photos while crossing the crosswalk, oops.




We decided to head to the Arts District for food. Drove around for what felt like forever looking for parking and grabbed burgers at Umami Burger, followed by some delicious pie at The Pie Hole. Shared an Earl Grey Pie, and I ordered a cortado (which in retrospect was a bad idea so late at night). 

Overall, it was a fun day exploring with my sister and cousin since I don't really see either of them often. DTLA has it's quirks, but it really is my favorite part of LA.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© annalyn currently. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig