Jan 23, 2015

DIY: Totorerrarium




I've wanted to make my own terrarium for a while now. I finally took the opportunity to buy supplies along with these cute Totoro figurines to add a special touch! It was fairly simple to make, I googled "DIY Terrarium" and found loads of instructions. I think it's a nice addition to my room!

Here's how I made mine...

MATERIALS ||
  • a glass bowl or container
  • pebbles (bought mine in the aquarium section)
  • perlite 
  • soil (I used the soil my succulent came in)
  • a succulent of your choice
  • moss
  • totoro figures (optional)
ASSEMBLE ||
  1. Put a layer of pebbles about 1-2 inches deep at the bottom of your bowl
  2. Put a layer of perlite about 1-2 inches on top (be smart unlike me and use a spoon or cup...instead of just dumping it directly from the bag resulting in too much. oops!)
  3. Place a layer of soil deep enough to plant your succulent. 
  4. Dig a small hole to place the succulent.
  5. Put a layer of moss on top of the soil. Add totoro figures!
Voila! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© annalyn currently. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig