Aug 28, 2015

Seattle Love

One morning, a few weeks ago, my sister and I were feeling down about recent events in our lives. My sister started talking about taking a trip, and I remembered seeing an email from Alaska Airlines for a 24 hour airline sale that morning...and before you know it we booked our tickets for a weekend trip to Seattle. Later that night I told my brother, and he joined too - sibling trip to Seattle! I was in Portland, Oregon a few months ago in May and I loved it, so I was ecstatic to have the chance to visit the Pacific Northwest again. 





Our first day was spent doing typical tourist things. We took a ferry to Bainbridge Island to grab a late brunch. We took a walk around the famous Pike Place Market, visited the Central Library, and went to the top of the Space Needle to see the sunset. While waiting for our time to get up to the Space Needle we stumbled upon a free concert (with free snacks!). Not bad, Seattle.











We spent our Saturday exploring the University of Washington campus, so beautiful! We rented a canoe and paddled around Union Bay. We headed to Capitol Hill for ice cream and watched the sunset from the Olympic Sculpture Garden.





Our last full day was spent visiting the Ballard Farmer's Market and the tiny shops nearby, followed by the Ballard Locks and botanical gardens. We headed to Queen Anne Hill to see the Grey's Anatomy house (my brother is a fan haha), and it was right by Kerry Park. 


I fell in love with Seattle. While waiting at a bus stop in Georgetown we decided to grab coffee, and I stumbled upon this message on the sidewalk -- definitely resonated with me, especially because this trip was booked while I was feeling down. I know I'm incredibly lucky and privileged to be able to travel. My brother even told me that a just 2 months ago I was talking about how I wanted to go to Seattle...and I did. I told him that talk is cheap, because it really is. If you want something - go for it. Dreaming is great, but it's up to you to make dreams reality. I know...so cliché, but that's how I've been approaching things in my life lately. When I decided to go to Europe for a month on my own, there were so many moments where I wanted to just cancel my whole trip - I was afraid! But it was one of the most incredible experiences, and it just acted as a catalyst to my wanderlust. This was the first trip I've taken with my siblings (besides the time I was 13 and my parents sent us to Texas to visit my Aunt and Uncle for spring break for some reason). I learned something about myself - travel can be exhausting, but it does the opposite for me. Travel energizes me. I love exploring new cities because there is so much to see and experience. I love public transportation because I think it's one of the best ways to really experience a city. I've mentioned that I love places that make me feel tiny, and whenever I travel that's how I feel. Traveling makes me feel tiny, it reminds me that there is more to the world then just my little bubble in California. I travel because (I believe) it's the best way to experience humanity.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© annalyn currently. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig