Dec 20, 2014

Concrete Jungle - Day One


This post is long overdue, but I went to NYC with a few friends for a quick trip in December. Being born and raised in Southern California, I've never experienced a real winter, and the first day was such a shock to my system. The next few days were more bearable, and the city was starting to grow on me.

We took a red-eye flight from LA to NYC, and we arrived around 7:30AM. We stayed in Astoria, Queens and our Airbnb host let us drop off our luggage early. Lauren, Kat, and I wandered around the neighborhood while we waited for Vanessa to arrive. I enjoyed the laid back vibes of Astoria compared to the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.






















When Vanessa arrived we decided to start our NYC adventures! We took the metro to Manhattan and wandered around Central Park before we headed to the MET.







The MET is huge, and also beautiful. I wish we weren't so tired so I could have enjoyed it more haha, but I enjoyed the exhibits we did manage to get through.













To quell our hunger, we found a Shake Shack. Consensus: Better burgers than In-n-Out, but In-n-Out has better fries.


We then headed to Chinatown to meet my mom's old classmate/my aunt for dinner with their family before we headed back to our Airbnb and called it a night. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© annalyn currently. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig