Feb 20, 2015

A Day at LACMA

On President's day weekend I decided to have a solo museum day. It was a free museum day at LACMA because of the holiday, so it was the perfect opportunity. I loved visiting museums on my own when I was in France and Spain, so I decided why not go to museums on my own back home? I also wanted to take out my old Canon AE-1 becaue I enjoy shooting film, plus I wanted to try out the ol' sunny 16 rule, to help develop my understanding of exposure. Also, if some of the shots look washed out...it's because I'm terrible at winding film and accidentally opened the film back before finishing winding the film, at least the photos aren't completely ruined!



Ah yes, the famous Urban Lights -- loved by locals and tourists alike. I was being a creep and people watching from afar haha. The second photo was taken moments before the couple kissed.




I took a few moments between exhibits to admire the architecture of the Museum. The last time I visited LACMA was 4 years ago to see the Tim Burton exhibit! I recognized a few exhibits, but I discovered a new exhibit that I fell in love with -- Larry Sultan's photography exhibit. I could've spent hours on the floor admiring his amazing photos he took of his parents and his Los Angeles. I want to get my hands on his "Here is Home" book.




If you're interested in more classical art, the Hammer Building contains a large collection. It reminded me a scaled down version of the Prado museum in Madrid, but I did get a little lost walking around.







I spent the rest of my visit walking around the grounds and searching for the infamous Levitating Mass ~exciting. 

All photos shot on Ilford Delta 100 35mm film.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! You have a very lovely blog as well! :)

      Delete

© annalyn currently. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig